Watch our Online Bariatric Seminar
Your first step towards bariatric surgery is to watch our Online Bariatric Seminar. This is required of anyone interested in bariatric surgery at SOBC.
In this video you will learn about:
- What is obesity and how it is defined
- The extent of the problem
- Why humans have a tendency towards obesity
- How and why bariatric surgery works as part of the treatment of obesity
- What your surgical options are at SOBC
- How to join SOBC
After you have watched the video, click on the button above to TAKE THE QUIZ. You will then:
- Register for the quiz
- Complete the 26 question quiz. Passing score is 80% or greater.
- Digitally sign and date your quiz
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the quiz
Next you will be directed to our New Patient Paperwork Forms. Please:
- Print New Patient Paperwork Forms, single sided. If you do not have a printer, there is a link to request New Patient Paperwork Forms by mail.
- Complete the paperwork in its entirety
- Mail the completed paperwork to the address provided on the first page
All patients seeking bariatric surgery must have a referral from your medical provider This is your responsibility to request.
Once we have both your New Patient Paperwork Forms and Referral, we will:
- Confirm your insurance benefits for bariatric surgery
- Complete a clinical and medical record review
- Contact you to schedule your Free Phone Screening/Qualification Visit.
- The Phone Screening/Qualification Visits do not guarantee entry into the program, but will provide information to qualify you for for program entry.
We look forward to meeting you!
I feel absolutely fabulous!
I walk with ease and a spring in my step, I can cross my legs (I know this is silly, but not if you’ve never been able to), a smile is always on my face, I go to the gym three days per week, I swim three days per week. I now can shop in the same departments as my daughters. I now gladly get rid of clothes that are getting too big, without the fear of gaining weight back, as in the past.